RISC-V Mentorship Program
The RISC-V Mentorship Program enables one or more internship-style projects per 12-week session which match mentors and project leaders together with mentees and interns. Mentees are guided through a series of milestones by one or more project mentors through their project work and weekly meetings.
Summer 2021 Session
Summer Term: June 1st – August 31st
- Mentorships available on LFX Mentorship: April 15th, 2021
- Applications open: April 15th – May 14th (4 weeks)
- Application review/admission decisions/HR paperwork: May 17th – May 31st
Internship information from LFX Mentorship, including eligibility and information about stipends.
Check out the available mentorships today on the RISC-V Careers page and connect directly with the member organizations.
Become a Mentee / Mentor
Any RISC-V organizational member (Premier, Strategic, or Community) may propose a mentorship project. If you have an idea for a 12-week project, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program is funded by RISC-V International.
Benefits for Mentees
- Gain exposure to real-world ISA and hardware development practices by working closely with experienced developers in the community.
- Learn best practices of working within open source development infrastructure, tooling, and culture.
- Build experience through hands-on work related to academic and professional interests.
- Cultivate close working relationships with RISC-V experts and industry leaders to expand professional network.
- Receive a stipend from the sponsoring organization based on project criteria.
Benefits for Mentors
- Create a pipeline to a diverse, well-educated pool of developers.
- Build advocacy for RISC-V and its related technologies at academic institutions and increase academia’s interest in the teaching and research on RISC-V.
- Gain valuable insight into new developer onboarding processes and how to lower the barriers to entry for new developers.
- Create positive press for RISC-V via testimonials, brand recognition, and peer-to-peer messaging.
RISC-V Mentorships are managed through LFX Mentorship, a Linux Foundation program. Please see the Mentorship documentation for details on eligibility requirements, stipends, and other information. In addition, RISC-V also promotes RISC-V internships and other career opportunities offered by member organizations through our Careers page. If your organization wishes to post career opportunities related to RISC-V, including those managed through other programs such as Google Summer of Code or Outreachy, please submit them through our interface and we will be in touch.
Member internships and mentorships are managed by the sponsoring member – information will be posted in the listing on the Careers page. Please note that neither mentors nor mentees will be considered RISC-V employees. All participants are subject to the RISC-V Code of Conduct and the RISC-V Regulations.
For information about all available RISC-V career opportunities, please see the Careers page.
If your organization is not yet a RISC-V member, please see the Membership Page to explore the benefits of membership in RISC-V International.