Senior / Principal CPU Design Engineer
Website Imagination Technologies
Who we are
At Imagination, we love innovating. We spend our time creating the graphics and AI chips that are at the core of your favourite electronic products. We have a no-compromise approach to making our technology as high performance and power-efficient as possible, all while being squeezed into the smallest space possible.
It’s this relentless drive to push the boundaries of what’s possible that has led to Imagination powering more than 10 billion of the world’s most iconic electronic devices, from smartphones to smart TVs, from drones to self-driving cars.
We need your skills to help us continue to deliver technology that will impress the industry and our customers alike, ensuring that people everywhere can enjoy smarter and faster tech than ever before.
What you’ll be doing
The role is for our fast-growing CPU Hardware team. We are expanding our CPU IP development from internal use to support an extensive portfolio offering highly competitive RISC-V CPUs, either as standalone IPs or as part of Imagination’s Heterogeneous Compute offering, which includes our world-class GPU and NNA compute elements.
Our mission is to create through constant innovation the best-in-class RISC-V CPUs for a wide range of market segments and applications. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to exercise your skills on cutting-edge designs, work on key building blocks for market-leading chips and deliver significant impact to the future success of our wider team.
- Be responsible for the investigation, specification, implementation and final delivery of our CPU micro-architecture components
- Participate in the feasibility investigation of proposed micro-architectures
- Perform deep analysis in order to produce solutions that meet the required frequency, power, area and performance requirements in collaboration with other team members
- Be working closely with the verification team in order to deliver high-quality RTL designs, supporting the creation of the relevant verification plan, closure and sign-off
- Be responsible for delivering the entire design flow from RTL coding to front-end implementation tasks
- Be responsible for the definition, effort estimation and tracking of your own work
- Participate in design and verification reviews and recommend improvements
- Have the opportunity to influence and advance our CPU design methodology
- Have the opportunity to lead, coach and mentor other members of the team
Who you are
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world-class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Have a proven track record of on-time delivery of high-quality, low-power, high performance complex micro-architecture implementations
- Have experience in independently driving micro-architecture exploration activities that conclude to tangible and appropriate design specifications
- Have detailed knowledge on ASIC design methodologies, flows and tools
- Have significant experience in RTL design optimisation techniques and the ability to balance or trade-off complexity/timing/area while being able to expertly justify the motivation behind such decisions
- Have excellent understanding of verification challenges and be able to effectively support all verification activities
- Be able to plan, estimate and track your own work
You might also have:
- Experience in leading small teams
- Experience in CPU/GPU architecture and design
- Knowledge of standard bus protocols (e.g., AMBA5 CHI, AMBA4 ACE or AXI)
- Experience with any of SystemVerilog, formal verification and UVM
- Experience of place and route methodologies
- Knowledge of a scripting language and/or C/SystemC
Understanding of functional safety standards such as ISO26262
Who do you want to be?
Do you dare to think big? Do you want to change the status quo and speak up when you see how there’s a better way of doing things? We listen, we’re supportive and we’re open to new ideas. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
We will value you
At Imagination, clear and shared values are important to us. They are the foundation on which everything else is built. We have five core values that underpin our culture and the way we work together, both as colleagues and as business partners. We believe in these values and are committed to putting them at the heart of everything we do.
Our values are:
For more information on what these values mean to us visit imaginationtech.com/company
To apply for this job please visit www.imaginationtech.com.