Software Ecosystem Manager, RISC-V
RISC-V International is looking for a Software Ecosystem Manager to help us develop and execute a strategy for enabling independent software vendors (ISVs) to port and optimize for RISC-V. This role involves coordinating, prioritizing, and reporting out on Open Source projects including tools, operating systems, hypervisors, runtimes, databases, libraries, etc.
The RISC-V Software Ecosystem Manager works with the RISC-V CTO, ISVs, Open Source projects, and RISC-V technical groups (Software Horizontal Committee and its various sub-committees, task groups, and special interest groups) to audit the state of software ecosystem deliverables. This role will also develop and execute a strategy to enable the communities and ISVs to deliver the components necessary for RISC-V members to successfully develop, build, and sell products from Embedded to HPC.
- Establish ongoing relationships with third party ISVs like Oracle, Cisco, AWS, VMware
- Establish ongoing relationships with Open Source projects including those with RISC-V maintainers, as well as projects without a RISC-V presence
- Evangelize RISC-V to external software vendors
- Develop gap analysis and prioritization reports
- Help develop funding and resource models to fill gaps not addressed organically.
- Work with the RISC-V Software Committee to develop and document a strategy for software enablement
- Automate the reporting of software component status, gaps, and next steps
- Work with committees to establish governance enabling progress in the software ecosystem
- Create demos of software ecosystem components and lead technical discussions with software communities
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, ECE, or related field
- 10+ years of related engineering experience in Open Source including compilers, databases, graphics, kernels, and software libraries.
- Working knowledge of ISAs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with and building relationships with ISVs, Linux distributions, and Open Source communities
- Working knowledge of the Linux software stack from boot to userspace
- Public speaking experience at large corporate events
- 10+ years of open source software development experience
- Technical Product Management and/or Field Application Engineering experience
- Advanced degree in CS / ECE / EE
- Proficient with GitHub, Google/MSFT Suites, and Atlassian tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit linuxfoundation.org.