Call for Papers
December 3-6, 2018
We’re seeking proposals for speaking sessions that explore recent developments in the RISC-V community at the inaugural RISC-V Summit, held at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, Calif. from Dec. 3-6, 2018.
The speaking faculty and program are selected based on the topic and content submitted and the speaker’s qualifications by the program committee and the RISC-V research and editorial team. Contact information for the primary speaker must be included. As part of the vetting process, we will need to follow up directly with the speaker on the submission and/or their background and expertise. Submissions without speaker contact information will not be considered.
- Is the submitted speaker considered a thought leader and/or is knowledgeable on the topic?
- Can the speaker go beyond the surface of a topic and provide in-depth education?
- Is the submitted topic unique / fresh? Information that cannot be found in another conference or format? (In other words, please do not submit the same session you have already presented at another conference without substantial updates.)
- Is this session a real-world case study? If submitted by a vendor, does it include the customer as a speaker?
- Is this session based simply on theory or contain actionable, practical information that attendees can put in practice?
- Is it controversial? Our goal is to provide a forum where attendees can learn about cutting edge topics and get advice and straight talk on the evolution of RISC-V technology.
- Technically solid. Is the content technical and deep enough? Does it go beyond a high-level overview.
- Business-focused. Does the talk connect business goals with technology needs.
Is it just a marketing / sales pitch? If so, it won’t be accepted in the conference program.
- Applications, Application Verticals (AI, IoT, Autonomous, Intelligent Systems, etc.)
- Software Ecosystem
- Emulation, Simulation
- Debugging + Tracing
- Commercial and/or Open Source Implementations
- Domain-specific Architecture, Purpose-built Accelerators
Format and Types of Session:
- Talks / Lectures (1-2 speakers): Talks/Lectures are case studies or issue-oriented presentations on original research, groundbreaking ideas, or insights on future trends. Sessions should provide concrete examples, and contain both practical and theoretical information. No sales pitches, product launches/announcements.
- Showcases: Showcases are sessions focused around product announcements and ecosystem developments for the organizations driving the development of RISC-V technology.
- Panels: Panels are 45-minute sessions, during which 3- 4 panelists participate in a moderated discussion on a specific topic or theme. Panelists should offer differing viewpoints or experiences to help foster a dynamic discussion. Panel submissions should only list panelists and a moderator that have confirmed their participation within the proposal.
- Tutorials: Tutorials may be interactive/hands-on and the focus is on education/training of participants on various technical topics. Please note technical/AV requirements with submission.
- Birds of a Feather (BoF): Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions provide a dynamic, noncommercial venue for conference attendees to openly discuss current topics of interest to the RISC-V community. BoF sessions connect you with other attendees with similar interests. Come and help drive the conversation.
- Keynotes: Strategic/visionary/forward thinking presentations. Typically 15 to 20 minutes in length.
- Poster Sessions: Brief presentation and informal conversations about research topic. Posters displayed during networking reception.
- Submission Deadline: July 30, 2018
- Author Notification: Aug. 13, 2018
Please submit your speaking proposal here. Get more details about the event here.
Send questions relating to the program to email@example.com Questions relating to conference operation can be directed to the RISC-V Foundation executive director, Rick O’Connor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions before you register? Get in touch with Anna Slater, Marketing Manager at email@example.com.