Senior Software Engineer, SCS DevOps & Backend
We bring RISC-V, software, and silicon experts together to innovate with a modern, software-driven approach to semiconductors.
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
As a DevOps and backend software development engineer, you will be joining a small team of developers to develop and maintain web applications running on the AWS EKS cloud.
As a DevOps engineer, you will maintain our terraform code, shell scripts, helm and yaml code, github actions, concourse CI for our web-based core designer product, deployed in a Kubernetes cluster.
As a backend software development engineer, you will maintain and develop software in Python, Django and interface them with backend systems such as the Postgresql database, RabbitMQ, AWS S3.
You will work closely with the web applications group and report to the Director of software development. You will ensure that needs are met on infrastructure and flow level and also at the backend software development and integration level.
This is a perfect opportunity for a senior-level DevOps engineer with good applications development skills, looking to expand their horizons and become involved in developing innovative products used by our customers to design state-of-the-art silicon.
- Develop and maintain software in Django, Python, RabbitMQ running in docker containers on EKS.
- Maintain and enhance bash/yaml scripts for Terraform, Concourse CI/CD, and GitHub actions.
- Develop and maintain staging, and production Kubernetes clusters on EKS, using helm and yaml.
- Work closely with a diverse team of software engineers and business stakeholders dispersed geographically across various time zones.
- BS, or MS with more than 10 years of relevant hands-on software development experience.
- Solid understanding of Cloud technologies, containerization in Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, helm, bash, yaml, continuous Integration, and continuous deployment.
- Proficiency in MVC, ORM, SQL, Python, Django, microservices, and REST API.
- Thorough understanding of building highly available, secure, modular, scalable, and resilient applications, services, and workflows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with analytical and problem-solving skills.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.