System Validation Engineer
Locations: Brno (Czech Republic) as the preferred one OR our Design Centers in Munich, Barcelona, Villeneuve-Loubet, Bristol, Cambridge, Heraklion, Thessaloniki, and Prague.
Departments: IP Development, Platform Team
Employment Type: Full-Time, long-term contract
Flexible working hours, including working from home
Experience: Mid-Senior Levels
Why we are hiring:
We are looking for an experienced system validation engineer to join our team working on RISC-V platforms and be part of realizing a whole new paradigm in semiconductors and microprocessor design.
Codasip has a mixed hardware/software/verification/validation team called the Platform Team that builds development platforms based on our CPU cores. These platforms are used to demonstrate our technology to customers and to help them develop products prior to silicon production. They are also used internally to explore novel hardware architectures and test internally and externally developed IPs.
The Platform Team now is happy to onboard a validation engineer with experience in system validation to work alongside our international team of verification and validation engineers to ensure the quality of our platforms.
What you can expect:
- designing, developing, and executing comprehensive validation plans for Codasip platforms (hardware and software)
- working closely with the IP design teams to debug and resolve issues
The core skills and competencies:
- University degree-level education in science/engineering (or equivalent relevant work experience) with 3+ years experience of system validation (hardware and software) experience
- strong technical background in FPGA system prototyping and debug
- good knowledge of validating system-level designs containing CPU cores and peripherals such as UART, I2C, JTAG, etc.
- expertise in software automation (e.g. using Python, C++, etc.)
- experience with CI configuration (Gitlab, Github, Jenkins, etc.)
- familiarity with common lab equipment (oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, etc.)
- the ability to work unsupervised
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- embedded software development in C/C++
- core tracing (e.g. Tarmac) and analysis
- Linux experience
- RTOS experience
- experience with Xilinx FPGAs and Vivado tools
- experience with OpenOCD
Welcome to Codasip)
We believe Codasip is the most innovative processor solutions company. We take pride in designing and developing cutting-edge, high-performance, and energy-efficient CPU cores from scratch, and our own automated proprietary tools to fully customize them. We give our customers a unique competitive advantage by empowering their system-on-chip developers to build the most innovative products.
Our processor cores are based on the RISC-V open architecture. The potential for customizing RISC-V is unlocked with the Codasip Custom Compute approach: our unique architecture description language, CodAL, and the powerful automated processor design tool, Codasip Studio. These are at the heart of our unique and groundbreaking RISC-V processor solutions.
Founded in 2014, we’ve grown into a thriving and talented global community. Our IP engineering teams work from offices spread across Europe, including our first and largest design center in the beautiful city of Brno, Czechia. Across Europe, we already have design teams in Cambridge, Bristol, Munich, Villeneuve-Loubet, Barcelona, Thessaloniki, Heraklion and Athens. The Codasip team is also based close to its customers, which means we have dedicated sales and application engineers in the USA, Japan, Korea, and China.
Codasip is a private company backed by well-funded EU grants. Our products are already making a real impact, with billions of devices already in the market powered by our processor IP and tools.
What is our company culture?
At Codasip we are committed to fostering a creative and collaborative work environment. Codasippers have the freedom to explore original ideas and experiment with new techniques. We believe in the benefits of cross-departmental collaboration and encourage sharing to build awareness throughout the teams. This enables you to add value through variety in your work.
When you join Codasip, you become part of a motivated team of self-starters where your ideas are appreciated and your voice is heard. We strive to create an environment where your ambition can flourish and your career can reach new heights. So, come and join our team of architects of ambition. We can’t wait to see what you’ll achieve at Codasip.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.