Technical Community Architect
In this role you will work as a part of the Technical Program team. You will prioritize operational and technical team needs and guide technical teams as they deliver on clear, concise, and measurable deliverables.
- Coach and assist RISC-V Foundation members through various organization lifecycles, specifically specification creation and group formation
- Maintain RISC-V policy documents and supporting guides
- Leverage and customize internal apps like Jira, Google Drive, Groups.io, GitHub, etc. to support RISC-V workflows
- Work with RISC-V International member organizations to collect and document gaps, gather project statuses, and identify roadblocks
- Develop tooling automation using REST APIs or official libraries for Jira, Google, Groups.IO, GitHub in Python to increase team efficiency, focusing on usability, readability, and maintainability
- Identify efficiency and automation opportunities and drive initiatives to improve performance and success rates
- Work with and support other RISC-V teams (Marketing and Education) as the technical experts
- Attend technical leadership meetings, take minutes, and document and track action items
- Support onsite or virtual events including RISC-V conferences
- 3+ years project management experience
- BS/BA or equivalent years of experience in technology
- Knowledge of processor Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) and computer architecture.
- Experience using workflow management tools
- History of successful completion and maintenance of projects
- Experience developing hardware or software products
- Experience working in a community where decisions are made collectively
- The ability to respond and adapt to a highly interrupt driven environment
- Effectively manages time, sets goals, and effectively communicates status
- Adept at guiding technical leaders to communicate goals, track status, and resolve roadblocks
- Must have a service oriented outlook: makes all RISC-V members feel they are valued
- Ability to understand and operate within complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Knows how to follow up and drive projects to closure in a timely manner
- High level of written and verbal skills, must be concise, articulate and understandable
- High level of attention to detail, content, and form
- BS CS / ECE / EE or equivalent
- Understanding of operating systems, hypervisors, virtual machines, software development
- Experience customizing or automating workflow management tools
- Open Source software and hardware community experience
- Proficient with GitHub, Google and Microsoft Suites, and Atlassian tools (Confluence, Jira)
- Experience releasing hardware or software products to customers through multiple releases
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history.
Today, the Linux Foundation has over 2,000 corporate members from over 41 countries, including every single one the Fortune 100. The Linux Foundation has proudly created over $54B in shared technology value since inception. We’re growing at a phenomenal rate and we’re looking for top marketer’s to join our growing team.
This role is dedicated to RISC-V International, a stand alone open standards collaboration organization.
RISC-V is a free and open ISA enabling a new era of processor innovation through open standard collaboration. RISC-V International comprises more than 2,400 members building the first open, collaborative community of software and hardware innovators powering an open era of processor innovation. The RISC-V ISA delivers a new level of free, extensible software and modular hardware, paving the way for the next 50 years of open computing design freedom and innovation.
RISC-V International, a non-profit organization controlled by its members, directs the future development and drives the adoption of the RISC-V ISA. Members of RISC-V International have access to and participate in the development of the RISC-V ISA specifications and related ecosystem.
To learn more about RISC-V, please visit: www.riscv.org
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.