Posted December 9, 2019
RISC-V Foundation, Technology Leader
The RISC-V Foundation is looking for a technology leader who can foster a successful technical ecosystem with deep member and community engagement and meaningful progress across technical imperatives in growing adoption of the RISC-V architecture. The technology leader will facilitate the technical vision, cultivate stakeholder engagement, and drive the strategy in collaboration with RISC-V members. This person will be the Foundation’s technical leader in facilitating progress across our workgroups and committees, coalescing support from Foundation leadership on technical priorities, and act as the technical leader and voice to the broad RISC-V community. The role includes tremendous visibility and leadership opportunity. Travel will vary by location, but a recurring presence in Bay area, China, and Europe should be expected.
- Recommend and lead technical priorities together with the technical workgroup and committee leaders
- Develop and own technical relationships with RISC-V members
- Drive the near- and long-term technical strategy for the RISC-V Foundation
- Receive, answer, or redirect questions from the RISC-V community in navigating technical engagement
- Anticipate and resolve emergent member issues, navigate for mutual satisfaction and success
- Encourage increased member participation in RISC-V projects
- Drive face to face engagements between members and within the industry
- Own the RISC-V Technical program and forums
- Developer sector-specific Working Groups or programs
- Collaborate and leverage technical assets, forums, and engagement across all RISC-V programming
- Act as the primary technical spokesperson on behalf of the RISC-V Foundation at events; and with press, analysts, and industry peers
- Drive continuous visibility of RISC-V technical progress through social media, blogs, papers, etc.
- Graduate level degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related area
- Minimum of 7 years management experience in microelectronics industry including external collaboration
- Substantial familiarity with the technical and business landscape around the RISC-V architecture including both technical and business strategic directions
- Experience with managing a network of relationships with senior executives, managers, and engineers on technology projects
- Deep understanding of the interdependencies and opportunities of hardware and software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation
- Familiarity with open source development practices, standards organizations, and related business models
- Previous engagement in the semiconductor industry, including industry and geo specific experience
RISC-V is a free and open Instruction Set Architecture enabling a new era of processor innovation through open standard and open source collaboration. Founded in 2015, the RISC-V Foundation comprises more than 360 members building the first open, collaborative community of software and hardware innovators. Born in academia and research, the RISC-V ISA delivers a new level of free, extensible software and hardware freedom on architecture, paving the way for the next 50 years of computing design and innovation.
The RISC-V Foundation, a non-profit corporation controlled by its members, directs the future development and drives the adoption of the RISC-V ISA. Members of the RISC-V Foundation have access to and participate in the development of the RISC-V ISA specifications and related HW / SW ecosystem. The Foundation has a Board of Directors including representatives from Bluespec, Inc.; Google; Microsemi; NVIDIA; NXP; University of California, Berkeley; and Western Digital.
This position is employed by the Linux Foundation as a full-time role, dedicated 100% to the RISC-V Foundation. The Linux Foundation provides general management and operational services to the RISC-V Foundation to enable best in class operations and leadership support for the RISC-V Foundation and it’s employees.
The Linux Foundation is creating the greatest shared technology investment in history by enabling open source collaboration across companies, developers, and users. We are the organization of choice to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption.
The Linux Foundation is a largely all-remote workforce that hires top-notch talent. We are as passionate of providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are in Open Source Software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional benefits – e.g., Fantastic health care, Unlimited PTO, 100% 401k match up to $18k, profit-sharing and exceptional healthcare plans.
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please indicate interest through the Linux Foundation job posting.