RISC-V International: Technical Program Manager
The RISC-V technical team is responsible for developing and ratifying standards and specifications for the RISC-V ISA. We manage a cross-organizational community of hardware architects, designers, verification engineers, and software developers. As a community, we work together to help build the next generation of hardware and software solutions based on the RISC-V ISA.
A USA time zone is preferred. If the candidate is in another timezone, then they will need to be flexible with working hours to accommodate hard to schedule meetings.
Job Role And Responsibilities
Help multiple teams simultaneously develop and deliver strategies, complete projects, and align associated goals between groups.
Key Responsibilities Include
In this role, you will be a strategic partner to the RISC-V CTO and work as a part of the technical program management team. You will prioritize operational and technical team needs and guide technical teams as they deliver on clear, concise, and measurable deliverables.
- Work with RISC-V International member organizations to collect and document gaps, gather project statuses, and identify roadblocks
- Identify efficiency and automation opportunities and drive initiatives to improve performance and success rates
- Assist in creating and managing policies to help drive the RISC-V specification process
- Integrate with internal apps like Jira, Google Drive, Groups.io as well as public sites like GitHub
- Mentor project team leads with calendaring, learning internal applications, and conforming to RISC-V policies
- Lead special projects like compatibility tests, software initiatives, and open-source hardware efforts
- Lead efforts to collect content for RISC-V technical training courses
- Attend technical leadership meetings, document and track action items, and lead discussions
- Support onsite or virtual events including RISC-V conferences
- Create, extend, and maintain presentations, documents, and spreadsheets
- 3+ years project management experience
- BS/BA in a computer science-related field or equivalent years of experience
- History of successful completion and maintenance of projects
- Experience as a hardware or software products developer (anywhere in the past is ok)
- The ability to respond and adapt to a highly interrupt-driven environment while maintaining focus on long term objectives
- Effectively manages time, sets goals, and effectively communicates status
- Adept at guiding technical leaders to communicate goals, track status, and resolve roadblocks
- Must have a service-oriented outlook: makes all RISC-V members feel they are valued
- Ability to understand and operate within a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Knows how to follow up and drive projects to closure in a timely manner and get results
- High level of written and verbal skills, must be concise, articulate, and understandable
- High level of attention to detail, content, and form
- 6+ years project management experience
- BS CS / ECE / EE or equivalent
- Understanding of computer architecture, privilege levels, virtual memory, verification
- Understanding of operating systems, hypervisors, virtual machines, software development
- Open Source software and hardware community experience
- Experience giving presentations at corporate events
- Proficient with GitHub, Google/MSFT Suites, and Atlassian tools
- Experience releasing hardware or software products to customers through multiple releases
RISC-V International Company Overview
RISC-V International is a global nonprofit association based in Switzerland. Founded in 2015 as the RISC-V Foundation with 29 members, RISC-V is now a truly global organization with over 750 members in more than 50 countries.
RISC-V International is governed by its Board of Directors. The Board is composed of Directors elected to represent all classes of membership to ensure we offer a strategic voice as all levels. In addition, the Technical Steering Committee (TSC) provides leadership to our technical initiatives in setting long term strategy, forming tactical committees and workgroups, and approving technical deliverables for ratification or release.
RISC-V International also supports and drives ad hoc and standing groups to pursue specific industry, geographic, and strategic interest through a variety of constructs. Our aim is to guide and facilitate the broadest and most effective collaboration for the benefit of our member community.