Marketing and Events Manager, RISC-V International
Website RISC-V International
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Today, the Linux Foundation has over 2,000 corporate members from over 41 countries, including every single one of the Fortune 100. The Linux Foundation has proudly created over $54B in shared technology value since its inception.
This role is dedicated to RISC-V International, a stand-alone open standards collaboration organization.
RISC-V is an open-standard ISA enabling a new era of processor innovation through industry collaboration. RISC-V International, a non-profit organization controlled by its more than 3,800 members, directs the future development and drives the adoption of the RISC-V ISA. Members of RISC-V International have access to and participate in the development of the RISC-V ISA specifications and related ecosystem.
To learn more about RISC-V, please visit: www.riscv.org.
RISC-V International is looking for a highly organized and results-driven Marketing and Events Manager to join our marketing team, to focus on experience and engagement by defining the strategy and helping deliver impactful RISC-V events, as well as strategic engagement and planning for regional, industry, and member events. This position will have responsibility for the strategy behind our events to meet strategic objectives, defined through collaboration with our community and RISC-V leadership, and the ability to develop marketing campaigns in support of business objectives. Top candidates will bring experience in setting a vision and executing through hands-on experience, across multiple domains including marketing, events, stakeholder engagement, and community development. Candidates will be results-oriented, able to track progress and pivot quickly to changing dynamics, while managing and tracking initiatives within budgets, timelines, and priorities.
The ideal candidate must be a marketing and events professional with a minimum of 8 years experience, strong strategic and tactical skills, and the ability to successfully design and execute repeatable marketing and events programs, both on their own and with a team.
The position requires some overnight and weekend travel to events both domestically and internationally (~15%).
What You Will Work On
- Take a strategic role in defining and coordinating the program for RISC-V’s largest events, working directly with organizing and program committees.
- Work closely with internal teams, community volunteers, and vendors for successful definition and execution of in-person, virtual and hybrid events and programs around the world to meet business goals and objectives.
- Drive best practices for attendee and sponsor experiences, promotion, branding/environmental design, sponsorship sales, sponsor and attendee communications, as well as other logistical details, for community and RISC-V events.
- Create new, or update existing processes and documentation related to marketing and event programs.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns, across various channels such as social, digital, email and events, in support of targeted programs, that align with business goals, drive customer acquisition and create positive word of mouth in the community.
- Partner with internal functions and agencies working on creative, brand, analytics, marketing and events. Ensure brand guidelines are followed.
- Leverage performance data as well as community insights and market feedback to evolve and improve strategy to contribute towards a truly integrated approach
- Lead pre and post event briefings to stakeholders to measure success of marketing initiatives and develop responsive recommendations for future campaigns and events.
- Provide on-site support as needed for events, including core responsibilities as well as other tasks as assigned.
- Manage the RISC-V Events Committee.
- Demonstrate an ability to find creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- Complete other assignments as required.
Who We Are Looking For
- 8 years of progressive marketing and events experience in technical environments, including strategic design of repeatable engagement models
- Ability to engage and positively influence multiple internal teams in an agency-style environment
- Experience with the strategy, design and execution of campaigns and programs that have technical audiences
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong project management skills
- Able to prioritize and juggle/meet multiple deadlines with limited supervision
- Concise and effective verbal and written communication with strong attention to spelling and grammar
- Ability to thrive and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; comfortable with changing priorities, last-minute pivots, and willing to roll up your sleeves to ‘get the job done’
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients, vendors, and team members; comfortable interacting with a wide range of community members, from C-level executives to technical programmers
- Strong business/office applications proficiency (eg: MS Office, Google Apps) and event technologies proficiency (apps, registration, etc.) with a proven ability to pick up new software quickly
Skills That Are A Plus
- Experience with open source software and communities
- Prior experience with Cvent, Google Workplace, Asana, Adobe & WordPress
- Previous experience working remotely
- Previous experience with international events
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.