Marketing Director, RISC-V
Website RISC-V International
RISC-V International is the global non-profit home of the open standard RISC-V Instruction Set Architecture (ISA), related specifications, and stakeholder community. More than 3,100 RISC-V members across 70 countries contribute and collaborate to define RISC-V open specifications as well as convene and govern related technical, industry, domain, and special interest groups.
RISC-V combines a modular technical approach with an open, royalty-free ISA — meaning that anyone, anywhere can benefit from the IP contributed and produced by RISC-V. As a non-profit, RISC-V does not maintain any commercial interest in products or services. As an open standard, anyone may leverage RISC-V as a building block in their open or proprietary solutions and services.
This role is provided by the Linux Foundation, and 100% dedicated to RISC-V International, a stand alone open standards collaboration organization.
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Today, the Linux Foundation has over 2,000 corporate members from over 41 countries, including every single one the Fortune 100. The Linux Foundation has proudly created over $54B in shared technology value since inception. We’re growing at a phenomenal rate and we’re looking for top marketer’s to join our growing team.
To learn more about RISC-V, please visit: www.riscv.org
Top marketing candidates will bring experience in strategy development and hands-on execution, across multiple domains of AR/PR, marketing, events, online content cultivation, stakeholder engagement, and community development. Candidate will be results oriented and able to track progress and pivot quickly to adopt industry best practices and course adjustment while managing and tracking initiatives within budgets, timelines, and priorities.
- Develop and execute marketing plans in support of RISC-V
- Event and PR strategies based on input from and partnership with the respective RISC-V committees, Linux Foundation Teams, and external agencies.
- Event sponsorship and attendee revenue responsibility
- Content Strategy (e.g. case studies, presentations, and other marketing collateral)
- Website strategy, content development and evolution including Exchange program
- Creating written material including website copy and case studies
- Develop and execute RISC-V marketing automation to build and progress membership pipeline
- Coordinating marketing functions across team, agencies, member organizations, and Linux Foundation teams (e.g., events, PR, creative services, web services, LF IT, sales, and program management teams)
- Orchestrating work with external partners (e.g. agencies, storefront, local community platform, video, and other companies) as needed
- Global and regional strategies as well as industry specific engagement
- Relevant market research
- 8+ years of progressive marketing and leadership experience in technical environments
- Ability to engage and positively influence multiple internal teams in an agency style environment
- Experience working with and energizing external communities on complex technical topics
- Proven campaign success promoting and supporting products that have developers as a customer
- Experience in marketing, social, CRM, and related tools
- Understanding and experience in technology, semiconductor space
- Experience working with Open Source projects and communities
- Advanced degree in a Marketing or related field
The Linux Foundation is an all-remote-work organization that hires world-class talent. We are as passionate about providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are about open-source software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional benefits – e.g., top-of-the-line healthcare, unlimited PTO, Flex Fridays, and a 100% 401k match (up to the IRS-defined limit per year).
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage anyone interested to apply! All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.