Application Engineering and Customer Support
Website Ventana Micro Systems
Ventana combines RISC-V with chiplet technology
Ventana Micro Systems is a well-funded, early-stage start-up, founded by seasoned industry veterans, that is developing a family of best-in-class, high-performance RISC-V CPU cores and compute subsystems.
We are looking to fill multiple application support roles to support the development of our innovative RISC-V processors and subsystems. We have offices in Pune and Bangalore, India and in the United States in California and Texas.
Roles: Staff/Senior Staff Software Engineer, Multiple Openings
Locations: San Francisco Bay Area
Position: Full time with immediate start
Skills and Qualifications Required
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related engineering fields
– 8+ years of software development with C and C++ languages in a Linux in an embedded or server environment
– Experience with application engineering and customer support roles – interacting with customers and providing an engineering interface to FAE (Field Applications Engineering) teams.
– Hands-on experience with customer interaction, understanding customer workloads, debugging, and determining performance bottlenecks.
– Programming experience with the Linux kernel internals, device drivers for multi-core SoCs, Linux networking and PCIe sub-systems.
– Experience with the GNU/LLVM tool chain and debuggers like GDB.
– Hands-on programming and debugging experience with board bring-up and BSP delivery.
– Knowledge of CPU architecture including CPU cores, caches, and memory sub-systems
– Knowledge of hardware and motherboard design and server system features
– Experience developing customer facing documentation, application notes, release notes, user manuals and other collateral.
– Ability to work independently across geographies with sales and FAE teams.
– Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills and good English communications skills, both verbal and writing
Skills and Qualifications Desirable
– Good understanding of CPU architecture, ARM or X86
– Development experience with Virtualization and Hypervisors including KVM and QEMU
– Hands-on implementation with writing new PCIe or ethernet drivers in Linux
– Porting an existing driver from one architecture to a different one
– Linux Kernel crash debugHow to add instrumentation to root cause the issue to a software or hardware bug.
– Linux Kernel performance optimization
– Knowledge of perf, oprofile, flame graphs and getting visibility into performance bottlenecks
BASE SALARY RANGE
$115,000 TO $225,000 per year
Ventana is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and uphold an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
Ventana encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted, if eligible) against COVID-19. We do require Proof of vaccination (or proof of a negative PCR test) to work in the office or meet with customers/ business partners.
NOTICE: External Recruiters/ Staffing Agencies:
Ventana Micro instructs agencies not to engage with its employees to present candidates. Employees are not authorized to enter into any agreement regarding the placement of candidates. All unsolicited resumes received as gratuitous submissions. We reserve the right to directly contact any candidate speculatively submitted by a third party. Such contact will not constitute acceptance of any contractual arrangement between Ventana and the agency, and Ventana will not be liable for any fees should it choose to engage the candidate’s services. All external recruiters and staffing agencies are required to have a valid contract executed by Ventana’s CFO.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Our open positions can be found through the careers page on our website.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com