If your Company or Organization would like to contribute to the evolution of the RISC-V Instruction Set Architecture, your Company (or an Individual) can become a Member of the Foundation by following the steps below.
(Note: if you are an employee of a current RISC-V Foundation Member Company, please complete our Company User Signup Form to set-up your user ID and Password for the riscv.org workspace site.)
Steps to Becoming a RISC-V Foundation Member
- Review the RISC-V Foundation Membership Agreement and Bylaws;
- Determine the membership level at which you’d like to participate: Platinum, Gold, Silver, Auditor or Individual;
- Email a signed PDF copy of the Membership Agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- A counter-signed copy of the Membership Agreement will be returned to you together with an invoice for the annual membership dues corresponding to the membership level you have selected.
Thank you very much for your interest in joining the RISC-V Foundation.
RISC-V Membership Agreement and By-Laws
Ratified by the RISC-V Foundation Board of Directors, the RISC-V Foundation Membership Agreement and By-Laws detail the governance model and contribution rules the Foundation members follow to maintain and evolve the free and open RISC-V Instruction Set Architecture. All members are eligible to participate in any of the Foundation Task Groups and contribute to the upkeep of the RISC-V ISA.
The RISC-V Foundation consists of a tiered Membership structure:
- The Platinum level carries dues of US$25,000 per year and includes 10 complimentary registrations for RISC-V workshops during the year of membership. Platinum members are eligible for Board seat elections and to Chair Foundation Technical Committees, Marketing Committees and Task Groups.
- Gold membership level carries annual dues of US$10,000 and includes 7 complimentary registrations for RISC-V workshops during the year of membership. Gold members are eligible to Chair Foundation Technical Committees, Marketing Committees and Task Groups.
- The Silver level carries dues of US$5,000 per year and includes 5 complimentary registrations for RISC-V workshops. All Sponsor organizations have one vote per open position in Board elections.
- Intended for non-profit research labs and Universities, the Auditor membership level (non-voting) carries dues of US$2,500 per year and includes 2 complimentary registrations for RISC-V workshops during the year of membership.
- The Individual membership level (non-voting), which is in place for individual contributors unaffiliated with any particular Company or Organization, carries annual dues of US$99 per year. For individuals who actively contribute to the RISC-V open-source ecosystem, the membership fee can be waived annually. If you are an active contributor in this area please let us know as you submit your membership agreement.