If your Company or Organization would like to contribute to the evolution of the RISC-V Instruction Set Architecture, your Company (or an Individual) can become a Member of the Foundation by following the steps below.
(Note: if you are an employee of a current RISC-V Foundation Member Company, please complete our Company User Signup Form to set-up your user ID and Password for the RISC-V Members Group.)
Steps to Becoming a RISC-V Foundation Member
Thank you very much for your interest in joining the RISC-V Foundation.
RISC-V Membership Agreement and By-Laws
Ratified by the RISC-V Foundation Board of Directors, the RISC-V Foundation Membership Agreement and By-Laws detail the governance model and contribution rules the Foundation members follow to maintain and evolve the free and open RISC-V Instruction Set Architecture. All members are eligible to participate in any of the Foundation Task Groups and contribute to the upkeep of the RISC-V ISA.
The RISC-V Foundation consists of a tiered Membership structure:
- The Platinum level carries dues of US$25,000 per year and includes 10 discounted registrations for RISC-V workshops during the year of membership. Platinum members are eligible for Board seat elections and to Chair Foundation Technical Committees, Marketing Committees and Task Groups.
- Gold membership level carries annual dues of US$10,000 and includes 7 discounted registrations for RISC-V workshops during the year of membership. Gold members are eligible to Chair Foundation Technical Committees, Marketing Committees and Task Groups.
- The Silver level carries dues of US$5,000 per year and includes 5 discounted registrations for RISC-V workshops. All Sponsor organizations have one vote per open position in Board elections.
- Intended for non-profit research labs and Universities, the Auditor membership level is without membership fees and includes discounted registrations for RISC-V workshops throughout the active year.
- The Individual membership level (non-voting), is in place for individual contributors unaffiliated with any particular company or organization. There are no fees associated with this membership.
Please note that Individual and Auditor members are precluded from using RISC-V intellectual property for commercial purposes. Commercialization requires a paid corporate membership.