Embedded World 2018 showcased the incredible momentum of the RISC-V ecosystem. Throughout the show the RISC-V Foundation booth – which featured pods from member companies Antmicro, GreenWaves Technologies, Imperas, Syntacore, UltraSoC and VectorBlox – was packed with attendees buzzing about the exciting announcements, solutions and demos from member companies. The RISC-V Foundation and its members participated in a number of speaking sessions and held a scavenger hunt for RISC-V enthusiasts who were eager to win RISC-V based boards and tools. Check out our recap of the show below.
On the first day of Embedded World, the RISC-V Class featured 10 presentations with representatives from Dover Microsystems, ETH Zurich, GreenWaves Technologies, Imperas, Mentor Graphics, Microsemi, the RISC-V Foundation, Syntacore, UltraSoC, University of Bologna and University of Colorado Boulder. Additionally, Microsemi hosted talks at its booth about the RISC-V ISA and Microsemi’s Mi-V RISC-V ecosystem.
- Ashling And Imperas Partner To Extend The RISC-V Ecosystem
- CEVA Extends Its IP Platforms For Bluetooth And Wi-Fi With RISC-V
- GreenWaves Technologies Unveils GAP8, The Industry’s Lowest Power IoT Application Processor, Enabling Groundbreaking Embedded Artificial Intelligence At The Very Edge
- IAR Systems Commits To Bring Leading Development Tools To The Growing Number Of RISC-V Users
- RISC-V RV64GC High-Performance Extendable Platform Kit For Fast Linux Execution Released By Imperas
- Trinamic Licenses Codasip’s Bk3 RISC-V Processor for Next Generation Motion Control Applications
- Android Headlines – GreenWaves Intros Open-Source AI Processor GAP8
- EE Journal – GreenWaves Puts Another Spin on IoT Chips
- eeNews Europe – Interview With Rick O’Connor Of RISC-V Foundation
- EE Times – AI Comes to Sensing Devices
- Electronics Weekly – Embedded World: Lauterbach and UltraSoC back RISC-V
- Embedded Computing Design – Ashling And Imperas Partner To Extend RISC-V Ecosystem
- Embedded Computing Design – Trinamic Licenses Codasip’s Bk3 RISC-V Processor for Next Generation Motion Control Applications
- New Electronics – IoT Apps Processor Boasts Eight RISC-V Cores
- ReadITQuik – GreenWaves Technologies Unveils GAP8 IoT Application Processor
- Stacey on IoT – GreenWaves Technologies Joins The Race For Machine Learning At The Edge
- The Linley Group – RISC-V Enables IoT Edge Processor
- VentureBeat – GreenWaves Technologies Unveils Gap8 Processor For AI At The Edge
- WikiChip – The RISC-V Momentum Continues With The GAP8, A New IoT/AI Application Processor
Embedded World Videos
Embedded Computing Design’s Rich Nass chatted with the RISC-V Foundation and member companies Antmicro, Imperas, GreenWaves Technologies, UltraSoC and VectorBlox. Check out the videos from Embedded World below!
Thanks to everyone who participated in our scavenger hunt with member companies Antmicro, Ashling Microsystems, Cortus, Express Logic, GreenWaves Technologies, Imperas, Lauterbach, Microsemi, SEGGER Microcontroller, Syntacore, Trinamic, UltraSoC, VectorBlox and Western Digital.
And an extra-special thanks to Microsemi for giving away Creative Development Boards, SiFive for giving away HiFive dev boards, and SEGGER Microcontroller for giving away J-Link EDU Mini debuggers!
.@risc_v executive director @rickoco presented Ruslan Bukin, Babacar Gassama and Jonathan Rueß with boards from @sifiveinc and Microsemi, along with a @SEGGERMicro debug tool. Congratulations to all the winners of the @risc_v scavenger hunt at @embedded_world. #ew18 pic.twitter.com/WPqy14iXGK
— RISC-V (@risc_v) March 1, 2018
Wojciech Stodulny (pictured) is the proud new owner of a @sifiveinc HiFive dev board! Additionally, Bruno Guegan won a @SEGGERMicro debug tool. Stay tuned to see who else was a winner of the @risc_v scavenger hunt at @embedded_world. #ew18 pic.twitter.com/jsYgF9yVSH
— RISC-V (@risc_v) March 1, 2018
Congratulations to the latest winners of the @risc_v scavenger hunt at @embedded_world: Thomas Ćwienk (pictured) who won a @SEGGERMicro debug tool and Lutz Porombka who won a @sifiveinc HiFive dev board! pic.twitter.com/uYiHnJCgxC
— RISC-V (@risc_v) February 28, 2018
Francesco Paci at @GreenWavesTech and Rick O’Connor at the @risc_v Foundation picked today’s @risc_v scavenger hunt winners at #ew18. Congratulations to Nicole Faerber on your new Microsemi board! There are two more winners today, and plenty more opportunities to win. pic.twitter.com/JK7M0A90N5
— RISC-V (@risc_v) February 27, 2018