The RISC-V Foundation, in collaboration with the Linux Foundation, is hosting free, half-day “Getting Started with RISC-V” events in Tel Aviv, Munich, Berlin, Tallinn, Paris and London from Sept. 16-26. RISC-V Foundation members will give presentations and live demonstrations showcasing innovation RISC-V solutions and implementations. Register today to save your spot!
GreenWaves Technologies is one of the featured RISC-V Foundation members in the EMEA roadshow, presenting the session, “Machine Learning on Battery Operated Devices at the Very Edge Using a Multi-core RISC-V Based Processor.” GreenWaves Technologies is a fabless semiconductor start-up that develops GAP8, the industry-first IoT processor. Read on to learn more about the company and what it will be showcasing at the events.
What applications or problems does your company’s technology solve for engineers?
- GreenWaves’ pioneering GAP8 IoT application processor enables the cost-effective development, deployment and autonomous operation of intelligent devices that capture, analyse, classify and act on the fusion of rich data sources such as images, sounds, radar, infra-red or vibrations for years on a battery. GAP8 delivers the computational and power agility necessary to integrate sophisticated signal processing and artificial intelligence into small, battery-operated devices living on the very edge of the network. GAP8 can be used for:
- Detecting occupied and free space using low-power visible or infra-red cameras in offices or other public space
- Ultra-low power and latency on-device speaker-independent keyword spotting
- Vibration analysis and fault detection on a battery for years
- Many other IoT and wearable device applications
What does your company do regarding RISC-V?
- The GAP8 is the first fully programmable multi-core RISC-V Processor for IoT applications. The RISC-V architecture has allowed us to bring to market radical innovation with an outstanding capital efficiency at a speed that allows us to promptly serve customer demand.
What will attendees learn from your presentation?
- During EMEA RISC-V tour you will learn how GreenWaves Technologies enables small autonomous devices and sensors at the very edge of the network to exploit embedded machine learning and signal processing enabling you to deliver valuable new IoT applications.