RISC-V International Welcomes New Board Members: Leading Growth Through Technology, Opportunity, and Community
By Calista Redmond, August 3, 2020
The RISC-V community has grown and matured rapidly in the 10 years since RISC-V inception, and in our 5 year history as an organization. We’ve progressed together through technology, opportunity, and community. RISC-V has become a disruptive technology, spurred unprecedented semiconductor innovation, and demonstrated there is a simpler and modular way of building a chip. The unconstrained opportunity achieved by bringing together the global community with a range of domain expertise from many different industries drives this exponential growth. The RISC-V community is engaged with members from companies of all sizes, in geographies around the world, and expertise in the critical areas needed for a healthy ecosystem.
As RISC-V leads an open approach into the next era of processor design, our Board and leadership team are focused on cultivating our ecosystem of hardware and software, growing adoption across industries from embedded to cloud, and cultivating collaboration and knowledge across the engineering community.
Please join with me in welcoming our newly elected and Premier level representatives to the RISC-V International Board of Directors. We’re very fortunate to have great leadership across industries and domains, representing all levels of members and reflecting the geographies of our global membership.
The RISC-V International Board of Directors includes:
- Krste Asanovic, RISC-V Chairman, University of California Berkeley
- David Patterson, RISC-V Vice Chair, Google
- Zvonimir Bandic, RISC-V Treasurer, Western Digital
- Yungang Bao, Elected RISC-V Strategic level, Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Richard Bohn, Elected RISC-V Strategic level, Seagate Technology
- Ken Dockser, Elected RISC-V Strategic level, Qualcomm
- Jesus Labarta, Elected RISC-V Community level, Barcelona Supercomputing Center
- Frankwell Lin, Andes Technology
- Xiaoning Qi, Alibaba
- Naveed Sherwani, SiFive
- Frans Sijstermans, NVIDIA
- Ted Speers, Microchip
- Stefan Wallentowitz, Elected RISC-V Community Individual level, Munich University
- Dr. Zhangxi Tan, RIOS Lab
- Thomas Xu, StarFive
- Naxin Zhang, Huawei
Biographies of Board members are on the RISC-V leadership page.
We are honored to lead RISC-V industry momentum together with our members as we ignite technology innovation, opportunity expansion, and community collaboration. We invite you to join us on September 3 for the RISC-V Global Forum, an 18 hour “all time zones” event including keynotes from industry luminaries, technical deep dives from engineering leaders, and industry views of growth and adoption. Check out the schedule and register today!